We also had a great presentation about the engineering of Roman roads.
Field Trips: Each student is required to do a cultural event. I have a field trip scheduled for the class on Saturday November 9th at Trinity Lutheran Church - we will have a Roman banquet. Cost is $18/student and reservations must be made by October 26. There is a limited space so it's possible that all slots will be filled before the cut off date. If you are able to attend, please bring payment to reserve your spot as soon as possible. If you cannot go, please contact me and I can make some suggestions for other events/museums you might attend instead.
Engrade: All grades are posted through www.engrade.com. On the first day of classes your student was given an access code. If you have not registered and you need this code, please let me know and I'll email it to you. Grades are typically entered within 24 hours of the class so that progress can be monitored at anytime.
- Re-read the text book lessons – pages 8-17
- Practice your vocabulary by recitation (practice words from Lessons 1 -3!)
- Add the infinitive form to each of your notecards. (Be sure to add it to the Latin side. Remember that we will eventually learn the 3rd and 4th principal parts so you will want to leave room for those to be added later as well)
- Do the workbook pages for Lesson 4 (pages 25-29)
- Presentation - Sydney - Art in Ancient Rome due October 7