(predicate nominative): The farmer is a poet: Agricola est poeta.
(predicate adjective): The horses are bad: Equi sunt mali.
We learned to count to ten - and we learned the first ten ordinal numbers. The ordinals function in the same manner as 1st and 2nd declension adjectives.
The students will also need to be sure that they know their Roman numerals:
I = one
VI = six
X = ten
XX = twenty
L = fifty
C = one hundred
D = five hundred
M = one thousand
1. Remember to check assignments - and be sure that you are ready to present your project on the assigned date. Beginning next week, no late projects will be accepted unless the student has a note from a parent regarding illness.
2. Read the text book pages 50-51
3. Workbook for lesson 19 - 99-103
4. Make note cards for each number - different ones for the cardinals and the ordinals. Find a derivative for each word.
5. Projects: Feb 13:Sallie - Pandora's Box; Feb 20: Leah - The Underworld