Next we picked projects for our unit on Central and South Africa. These projects will perform double duty as they will count as a project grade and a test grade.
We watched an amazing video about a symphony in the Democratic Republic of Congo - the Kinshasa symphony. I encourage the students to watch it again (with better sound than we had in the classroom) and to share with anyone who has a love of music.
Finally, we began talking about chapter 19.
1. I have emailed the handout of questions for chapter 19 - please print and complete and bring to class next week. Part of the assignment is a current event article - this event needs to have taken place as recently as possible - no more than 4 weeks ago.
2. Projects/food items are due on May 15
3. Extra credit opportunities. You may complete one of the following options - it will be worth 20 extra credit points for either the test or project section of your grades.
- 1.Watch “The Gods must be Crazy” – netflix dvd – write a summary and review
- 2.Watch “Invictus” – netflix dvd – write a summary and review
- 3.Watch National Geographic’s “Diamonds of War – Africa’s Blood diamonds” – netflix streaming – write a summary
- 4.Watch National Geographic’s “Gabon – the Last Eden” – write a summary