"Tolle et Lege"
Today's Second Form lesson focused on 1st/2nd declension adjectives that end in -r. The students have learned the method to determine if the vowel before the -r is dropped or retained. Next we discussed the dative case and how to determine if a noun is the direct or indirect object in an English sentence.
For Third Form the lesson today covered how to create the imperative mood in all four conjugations.
- Review vocabulary and grammar from First Form
- Workbook pages 14-19; Third Form - 20 - 26
- Second Form: Write a sentence in English using an adjective from this week's vocabulary, a direct object, and an indirect object. Then translate the sentence into Latin using correct word order. (Be sure to use words we have learned - do not use words from future lessons!)
- Notecards + derivatives
- Keep reviewing previous lessons and vocabulary!
- Upcoming projects: Oct 17 - Connor - Diorama of a Roman House; Oct 31 - Carson - Pliny the elder and younger; Nov 7 - Benjamin - Herculaneum and Pompeii