The students began with their god presentations - and we learned a little more about Dionysus, Hermes, and Hades.
Today's first focus was on the many monsters of mythology - most of them the spawn of Echidna and Typhon. Then we discussed the creation of humans, the disobedience of Prometheus, and the punishment of both Prometheus and humans.
1. Be ready for the second god presentation.
2. Continue to work on the OMG project.
3. There are 12 Titans and 12 Olympian gods - what else comes in groups of 12?
4. Quiz next week over Greek/Roman gods and their jobs. The symbols will be extra credit only.
5. Have you completed your summer reading assignment? Read the specifics here: http://www.katrinaharris.org/2014/07/summer-reading-for-world.html