- Really cool app/game for your iphone/ipad called Stack the Countries. You can learn countries, capitals, languages, flags, country shapes and more. There is another one for US Geography called Stack the States.
- Fun list of maps showing the linguistic differences across America (maybe we don't speak the same language after all!)
- Lots of Scandinavian dessert recipes
- Scandinavian breads and dumplings recipes
- One of the projects from our list requires students to create a salt dough map. Here is one way and here is a video demonstration for another method.
- Video about the border between Canada and the US.
- In the news! In December 2013 a Welsh church revealed their amazing murals they discovered under 500 years of Limestone washes!
- Very cool infographic about languages.
- Article with gorgeous photos of places around the world that defy the imagination!
- Video of cacao farmers in the Ivory Coast tasting chocolate for the first time.
- Great site with pdfs that explain both English and Latin grammatical forms.
- Discussion on the Memoria Press website about whether or not First Form Latin counts for high school credit. (For the record - it does!)
- Funny site on Tumblr - "Latin Student Problems"
WORLD LITERATURE & COMPOSITION
- Vikings in the news! (August 2013)
- Well, since this is an English/comp class, we will discuss grammar and SAT words. This is an cool list of words that don't mean what you think they mean (name that movie!).
- A Guide to proper comma usage
- Common grammatical mistakes
- Want to make a cool goddess costume? This link will help you to easily and modestly make costumes for goddesses, queens, and other notable women.